Approximately every three days someone in the US is killed in a forklift related accident.*
This staggering statistic gives a sober second thought to forklift safety procedures, products and maintenance. Ensuring forklift operators are trained not only on how to use the forklift, but on the products that can keep them and others safe, are paramount in running a safe and efficient warehouse. Here are some things to consider:
- Is the forklift operator fully trained and licensed?
- Has the forklift operator done an inspection on the forklift prior to use and are they wearing the proper PPE?
- Does the forklift have collision avoidance lights, mirrors and bumper guards?
- Does the forklift have fork tilt level and fork height level indicators?
- Does the forklift have maintenance checklists that are updated after every shift?
These are just a few of the ways you can help to keep your dock and warehouse from becoming an unsafe workplace. Click HERE to check out IRONguard’s lineup of Forklift Safety Products.
*Source: National Institute of Standards and Technology